2013年3月4日 星期一

A New Unique Prebiotic Digestive Health Supplement Has Helped Relieve my Diverticulosis Problem

Did you know about 30% of middle aged Americans have Diverticulosis, what's even more surprising is 50% of people over 60 years old also have it. As it happens I've had if for many years too, and it's been bloody annoying to say the least. However recently I added a prebiotic digestive health supplement to my diet and I'm suitably impressed.

Over the years I've tried many ways to boost my fiber and roughage intake, but how much bran, raw oats, greens, yogurt, fruit and vegetables can a person take. On my doctors advise I even resorted to taking that awful dietary fiber powder mixed with water 3 times a day. When you take a lot of this stuff every day it can cost a fortune every month.

Just in case you don't really know what Diverticulosis is, here's a brief explanation

Diverticulosis (diverticular disease) develops because the colon wall muscles become weaker as we get older that cause pockets to form on the outer wall of the colon.

This is where waste material not being excreted builds up; because it isn't being regularly expelled it becomes larger, dryer and harder over a number of days. Eventually your system gets to the point where it has to get rid of this waste. This is why it's very difficult and often quite painful to pass it out of your system.
If you're interested at the bottom of this article the first link goes to one of my blog pages that shows what a colon diseased with Diverticulosis looks like. There is also a link there that takes you to the Bristol stool scale chart.

Unfortunately once you get Diverticulosis you're stuck with it, the only option you have is to increase your fiber and roughage intake. Some options are:

Eat more bran and raw oats because they are very high in fiber and roughage. Don't buy regular breakfast cereal because most of them have way too much sugar and salt in them.

Eat more vegetables, fruit, wholegrain breads, nuts and wholegrain rice.

Try a Psyllium based fiber powder mixed with water if you want to -- this can be a good addition but can become very expensive each month.

Eat more probiotic yogurt to get more good bacteria into your gut. You might have to try a few different ones because there are a lot of varieties a vailable with different types and amounts of bacteria.

Start taking a prebiotic digestive health supplement to boost the number of good bacteria in your colon and reduce the number of bad bacteria. I recently started taking one that comes from the same company that I source my nutritional supplements and omega 3 fish oil capsules.

It's only been a short time since I started and I'm very impressed with the changes and improvements to my Diverticulosis issues since I started on this prebiotic.

This particular prebiotic is concentrated non-digestible soluble fiber, which promotes the growth of new bacteria in the digestive system to help maintain a good balanced digestive tract.

Make no mistake about it; taking a prebiotic supplement every day can be very beneficial in helping to reduce the discomfort of Diverticulosis. However taking the unique prebiotic capsule I take every day is even better.



???????

沒有留言:

張貼留言