2014年6月18日 星期三

Top 5 Reasons to Quit Smoking

Health

Smoking contributes to many diseases; heart disease, diabetes, liver disease, infections, cancer, high blood pressure, stroke, to name just a few.

Saving Money

By quitting smoking you save an average of five dollars a day on the cost of tobacco. There are other costs also; higher insurance rates for smokers. You can save 10% to 40% on average with you auto, home, life and health insurance.

You Can Breathe Better

Within the first few days you may be breathing easier. smoking causes a variety of lung problems including; chronic obstructive lung disease, emphysema, lung cancer, inflames and may cause asthma. When smoke enters your lungs it does a variety of thing to your sensitive lung tissue. Smoke from tobacco kills the tiny cells in your lungs that clean and filter your lungs and tar left behind clogs the processes of your lungs.

Your Sense Of Taste Will Improve

When you smoke tobacco it dulls your taste buds, contributes to the progression of periodontal disease and gingivitis. It also gives you bad breathe, tooth stains and throat and mouth cancer.

Public and Social Acceptance

I hated the feeling of being in a park or an outdoor patio restaurant and getting the disgusted looks from fellow patrons. Or walking down the street and a trail of smoke from my cigarette accidentally went up someone's nose, and the dirty look that follows. Nowadays smoking is literally a crime in most public places. As a smoker you have to stand in the street to smoke if you want to avoid dirty looks and possibly a ticket depending what city youre in. You are less likely to get that job you want because you smoke.

I have given you a few important reasons to quit and I am sure that you will be able to come up with a few more. In order to help me quit I took a class, offered free by my insurance company. It helped me quite bit. There was a great amount of support, understanding and acceptance in the cessation class. I highly suggest that you take one in order to help you with quitting smoking. Since I quit smoking I look better, feel better and I have saved quite a bit of money. I do think of smoking at times, but then I remind myself of the Top 5 Reasons I Quit Smoking! Good Luck.



???????

沒有留言:

張貼留言